Warner Bros. and DC Entertianment has released a shit-ton of details for the upcoming Justice League film being directed by Zak Snyder and starring Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, Ezra Miller and Ray Fisher. And thanks to JoBlo.com, we have them here for you. Here’s a list of the most significant details and be sure to check out the video in the viewer below as well as the official logo for the film. Man, it’s like Christmas!
- It’s a standalone movie titled Justice League and will have a lighter tone; it’s a fun ensemble focusing on the team coming together to take on a common threat.
- The movie will be heavily influenced by Jack Kirby and revolves around the quest for three Mother Boxes; one on Earth, one in Atlantis, and one in Themyscira.
- Justice League takes place months after the events of Batman v Superman.
- A big chunk of the movie will focus on Batman assembling the team, with Superman (sporting some longer hair) set to return a little later on.
- Steppenwolf has yet to be cast and will be one of the main villains. Darkseid’s influence will be felt, the Parademons will appear, and Lex Luthor may have some sort of role.
- Batman will upgrade his suit and we’ll see a new version of his armoured suit towards the end of the movie.
- Bruce Wayne builds a jet called the “Flying Fox” for the team to use.
- Batman will have a new vehicle called the “Nightcrawler” designed by his father.
- Willem Dafoe is playing Vulko, a mentor to Aquaman.
- Mera is a warrior and sorceress and her costume which have chainmail which blends in with her skin.
- J.K. Simmons will have the classic Commissioner Gordon look.
- The Flash’s initial costume will be pieced together by space suits and held together by wire. However, Batman later creates a much more streamlined suit for him to wear.
- Cyborg’s costume will be 100% CGI.
- Junkie XL is scoring the movie, but Hans Zimmer’s role has yet to be confirmed.
Here’s the official synopsis for the film:
Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash—it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.
Suicide Squad premieres on August 5, 2016, followed by Wonder Woman on June 2, 2017; Justice League on November 17, 2017; The Flash on March 16, 2018; Aquaman on July 27, 2018; an untitled DC Film on October 5, 2018; Shazam on April 5, 2019; Justice League 2 on June 14, 2019; an untitled DC film on November 1, 2019; Cyborg on April 3, 2020; and Green Lantern Corps on July 24, 2020.